Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Pressing Mat and Leashes

Hi everyone!  While I was sort of between large projects, I cranked out a couple smaller ones.  First up - a pressing mat!

I used to have one of those "cutting mat on one side/pressing surface on the other" things, but the pressing area wasn't really large enough for a lot of things, it got stained up, and the cutting side was really slick!  I don't mean "slick" as in "really cool", I mean slippery!  Yikes.  I do like the idea of having a pressing surface handy, though, so I decided to make my own.  

A lot of the pressing surfaces they sell now are wool; wool absorbs the heat and helps distribute it.  I happened to have a roll of wool batting that's been laying around for longer than I care to admit, so I thought that would be perfect!

I layered 2 layers of batting, some foil (so my table won't get damaged), then 2 more layers of batting.  I wrapped that in a really cute fabric and sewed a handle into it ... just because.  Et voilà:

IMG_8487PressingMatMiniIron

Well, yes.  I decided I needed one of those cute little irons to go with it.  My husband calls it my "Hobbit Iron".  It's adorable - and WOW, does it ever get hot in a hurry!  I love it.

The mat itself is working out great - you'll be seeing more of it in action!

Next up, a set of my special looped leashes for my girls.  I had already made them collars and regular 6' leashes to match their new harnesses, but we really like having the looped ones for extra control out on our walks.  I ordered more webbing and ...

IMG_7977NewLeashes

The large "Wonder Clips" work great. I had been using clothespins. These work just as well and look really cute. Right?

Speaking of looking really cute, here are the girls with the new leashes:

IMG_8520CamMagsMeadow

Cam is clearly trying to figure out what on Earth Mags was doing.  I think she was having a zen moment.  She kills me.

That's it for now!  As always, thanks for reading!
KZK

PS:  A side note:  I ended up re-making the leashes.  The clasp on one of the leashes broke.  I re-made the leashes with a my preferred  type of bolt snap.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!