Hi everyone! Another old project wrapped up! I showed you the Christmas String Runner Quilt a while back -- it was another project I started who knows when! I practiced my free-motion quilting on it, sewed a binding to the front ... then put it in the "hand sewing" pile. That pile moves slowly.
I watched another tutorial about doing the binding totally by machine and thought I'd give this method a try. Unlike the camo quilt I made for the girls, this method has you sew to the front like I normally do, then sew from the front again - carefully making sure you catch the binding on the back. I HAD to try it out!
I went slowly, being as careful as I could be, and before I knew it ...
Yeah! Of course, I missed the binding in a couple spots (OK, more like 5 or 6), but for a first effort, not too bad! I went back and fixed those areas and I was good to go!
Here's a look at the back:
I'm so pleased to wrap up another unfinished project - and in this one, learned a new-to-me binding technique and practiced my free-motion quilting!
Thanks for reading!
Late edit: I'm giving this to my friend Beth for Christmas!