Saturday, April 6, 2019

Christmas In April

Oh, why not - right?  Hi everyone!  As I think I've mentioned, I'm trying to do two things right now:  use up scraps and/or finish old projects AND improve my free-motion quilting skills.  ...or lacking thereof.

I've been sandwiching together fabrics I probably shouldn't have in my stash to begin with - cheap fabrics, fabs that might not be 100% cotton, and overall "what was I thinking" pieces - and have been practicing my free-motion quilting on them.  It's been very good practice, and there is no fear of messing up a project I spent who knows how long piecing.

Then, as I was going through my stack of unfinished projects, I came upon this:

IMG_7852ChristmasStringQuiltRunner1

Ooh! I started to pieced this string-style quilt ... I'm not sure when. I thought now that I'm feeling a bit more confident with my quilting, this would make a cute table runner! And honestly, if I messed it up - it's just scraps anyway. Awesome!

I went with the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) and did a new-to-me design I'm calling Double Loops.

IMG_7877ChristmasStringQuiltRunner1

Not too bad! I really like the design -- and of course the THREAD!!! King Tut Nile Crocodile. It's sages and golds, according to Superior Threads' website. Not a color area I am comfortable in, but it really seemed to work with all the different fabrics in the table runner!

I'm currently sewing the binding on - more pix when I'm done!

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for diamond-a-palooza!
KZK

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!