So ... back in January of 2012 (don't judge, please!) I started a wall-hanging for my husband -- Wonky Army Stars. I finished piecing it back then and ... proceeded to set it aside. Then came the 5-year gap. What can I say? I finally quilted it a week or so ago!!!
I used a variegated thread from King Tut - sort of sand colors, with some greenish tones in there. Just perfect. My Guide Dog for the Color Blind had helped me choose it, God rest his sweet soul.
I stuck to a simple "3 wavy lines" quilting motif that I made up as I went along. It sort of echoed the lines in the black on black fab you can see there, with the helicopters on it. I also chose it because, frankly, it was easy. I had been WAY over-thinking and over-complicating it before I plunged in.
Here's a shot of me sewing the binding to the front:
The back is pieced - I'll show it to you in full once I get the binding sewn to the back. The hand sewing always goes a bit slower.
It's coming along, however slowly.
In the meantime, and when I have to rest my hands, I have another scrap-buster going. I WILL deplete my baskets of strips! I WILL!!! I'm using the method I used once before - sewing the scraps to phone book pages, as a form of paper foundation piecing. I'll show you the blocks I've got soon, but in the interim, this happened the last time I used phone books and it happened again:
I'll be back soon with an update on the scrap-buster and the Wonky Army Star quilt.
Thanks for reading!