When I last posted, I was unhappy with the green/yellow inner border I had chosen. It was already sewn on - did it bother me enough to rip it all out? That would be a lot of ripping! After much thought ...
Yeah. The green had to go.
It took quite a while to remove, but I am so glad I did it! I started auditioning other fabrics -- the catch being I needed quite a bit and HAD to make do with what I have on hand. Why? A self-imposed rule. This quilt was a "use your stash" quilt.
I had enough of two different browns (barely) and started playing around with them.
I had some of the lighter brown in the quilt already, but that other one spoke to me! I really like how it looks with the navy I had chosen for the outer border, so ...
I cut happily away, then set about putting both borders on.
I'm very uncomfortable dealing with large pieces of fabric, so for me to do that inner border all over again was a real challenge. Actually making a quilt this HUGE was a challenge, but I kept at it and got both borders on! Here is the top:
The brown and blue color scheme fits the rest of the quilt SO MUCH BETTER - and truly is more "me", if that makes sense.
As for the quilting, this is way too big for me to handle. Fortunately, I have a very talented friend who has a longarm and is in the business! She agreed to quilt it for me in September. That is PERFECT! She quilted another one of my quilts for me several years ago and she is truly skilled. Once it's home and I've sewn on the binding, I'll show it to you again!
As always, thanks for reading!
I think the brown and blue looks much better than the green. A pain to rip out but worth the effort.ReplyDelete
Oh yes, that looks much better than the green! Grreat job!ReplyDelete