Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Hexi Placemats

Hi everyone!  In my quest to finish up old projects, I've not only X-ed off another one, but have a wonderful Christmas gift for someone special!

I had set aside some Christmas prints and had done some cutting to make hexagon placemats.  It's an old Kaye Wood pattern that's really fun to put together in any color scheme or theme. Basically, you start with a hexagon and surround it with prairie points of sorts.

IMG_9974HexiPlacemats

I love the inner star that forms! Add three borders, and you're good to go. I opted to do a set of four hexies, alternating the borders - red, neutral, green on two; green, neutral, red on the other two. Before I knew it, I was ready to quilt.

IMG_0028MagsCamPlay

It must have been thanks to my cheering section.

IMG_0017HexiPlacemats

Aren't they adorable?!?

IMG_0025MagsCamHexiPlacemats

They really don't need much quilting, so it was a fairly quick finish.

IMG_0029HexiPlacemats

I've made these in dog prints, golf prints, coffee-themed prints, and now Christmas! They are so fun to make - and use - and I've crossed another one off the "finish me" list!!!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!