Monday, January 6, 2020

Because I Love The Fabric

Hi, everyone!  Before I get started, just to clarify yesterday's post - I hadn't quilted the placemats yet!  They were just pieced panels, which made them perfect to turn into anything!  Having said that, I have watched videos where someone took pre-made placemats and turned then into all sorts of cute bags ... but that's a different story altogether!

After I had that tote put together, I OF COURSE still had scraps.  Do you ever really use all of your scraps?  Anyway ... what to do, what to do.  I thought a Persimmon Dumpling Pouch would be in order!

I didn't have big scraps, but that was OK!  I just started piecing together what I did have:

IMG_2336DumplingPouchGolfTeeStiletto

You know, I do have an actual stiletto in a crock by my machine.  I usually use a tiny screwdriver, though -- and in a pinch, a golf tee works perfectly!

I was able to piece together panels just large enough for a small Dumpling Pouch.  Perfect!

IMG_2337DumplingPouchScissors

I bought those scissors YEARS ago and wow, do I love them.  They have micro-serrated blades and a removable loop in the handles - it makes them spring open, thus making cutting much easier.  I can't remember where I got them, but Amazon has them.  Of course.

Once I had my panels cut, I sandwiched them to some batting and wanted to do a little quilting.  I had the perfect thread in my "stash":

IMG_2338DumplingPouchKingTutThread

King Tut Valley Of The Queens.  Isn't it gorgeous?!?  And I even had about 1/2 of a bobbin wound.  SCORE!

IMG_2339DumplingPouchQuilting

I just sort of stitched beside the ditch and carried everything over across the whole piece.  It was fun!

Before I knew it, I had my little Dumpling Pouch all set:

IMG_2353DumplingPouchValleyOfTheQueensKingTutThread

How can you not love it?

Here's a look inside:

IMG_2355DumplingPouch

Note the little "pulls" on each side of the pouch; the pattern doesn't call for them, but they make it so much easier to open and close the bag!

IMG_2356DumplingPouchZipDetail

I actually bought some zips finally.  Don't get me wrong, I love using ones from discarded clothing, but it's also nice to have a wide array of colors to choose from!

That's it for now!  Thanks so much for reading!
KZK

3 comments:

  1. Those dumpling pouches are SO adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really using up your scraps and such a cute bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pouch is adorable! You are such a talented lady, Miss Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!