Friday, June 21, 2019

Kansas Dugout Scrap String Quilt - DONE!

Hi everyone!  Remember the Kansas Dugout quilt I finished piecing back in January?  January?!?  I thought it was way more recently than that, but there you go.  Anyway - I finished quilting it and binding it a few weeks ago and thought I'd show you how it turned out.

Here it is, once I quilted and trimmed it:

IMG_8910KansasDugoutScrapStringQuilt

I agonized over how to quilt it, then realized I LOVE doing the wavy lines. I mean LOVE doing them. So you know ... why not?

I dug into my 2.5" scrap basket for the binding:

IMG_8996KansasDugoutScrapStringQuilt

I also pieced the back:

IMG_8997KansasDugoutScrapStringQuilt

A Kansas Dugout quilt calls for two different sunflower-themed fabrics, don't you think?

I decided to go with the "sew to the front, pull around to the back, but still sew from the front to secure the part in the back" method, like I did on the runner.  I used a lot of pins this time, so I wouldn't miss the fold in the back.

IMG_9036KansasDugoutScrapStringQuilt

The front looks OK:

IMG_9037KansasDugoutScrapStringQuilt
Sunflower binding meets sunflower scrap.  💛


But I had too much flap past my stitching line in the back, if that makes sense.  Here's a look at the back:

IMG_9038KansasDugoutScrapStringQuilt

And yet, it got the job DONE!!!  Take a gander:

IMG_9040KansasDugoutScrapStringQuilt

As you can see by the Pickle, I had some help in the Studio.

Here's the back:

IMG_9044KansasDugoutScrapStringQuilt

It feels good to have another old project DONE!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!