Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's a Twister!

With a nod of the head to one of my favorite scenes from The Wizard of Oz... I've finished the new Storm Bag, and I have to say it's a twister!

This was a cool experiment and I just love the outcome. Here's a look:

Can you see how the fabric wraps around, like a tornado? Here's a closer look:

Perhaps in keeping with the beach theme, it's really a water spout, but let's not mince words. Here's the front of the bag:

Want a peek inside? Here you go:

And yes, like all Storm Bags, the Twister, the Tornado version is fully reversible. Here it is "inside-out":

I did the draw-string straps again, and you can pull the bag into all different shapes. It's so versatile! There is a pocket both inside and out, and I did some quilting on each "side" of the bag - I've never done that on a Storm!

Let's take a look at the Hold the Phone! Bag.

I think it came out cute. I did all the stitching in a YLI variegated thread - gold/sand tones. The "scallops" on the HTP! Bag and pocket tops are supposed to look like waves. Here's another look:

I took apart some of the left-over trim and hung it on the HTP! Bag for continuity. I think everything ties together so well!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! You ARE so talented!!! I love the khool "twist" to the bag, ha roooo!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I love it!! Especially all the beads around the top! That is very cool! And the twisty fabric looks fabulous! You have truly outdone yourself!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!