Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Storm Bag for Shelli

In my last post, I gave you a preview of a Hold the Phone! Bag - or Good Neighbor Bag Bag - I made for Sitka. Zim was modeling it on his snooter for us ... here's another take:

Zim with Sitka's new bag

I also dropped a hint that I had a special surprise for Shelli - Sitka's mom! I was inspired by the VERY cool black floral fabric she sent me, so I took that and invited it to play with others I had on-hand. Here's is Shelli's Storm Bag and its coordinating Hold the Phone! Bag:

I redesigned the top/strap area. I made a thin cording out of some pink camo fabric, then laced it through grommets! (Yes, I am on a grommet kick!)

You can also see another shot of the Storm Bag here. (Keep scrolling to the last picture.)

Here's a peek inside:

You can also get a good look at the HTP! Bag there. And remember, the Storm Bag is reversible! Here's a look at it "turned":

In that shot, I have the handles/drawstrings pulled double, so it's like a handbag; in the first photo of the bag, they're in the extended shoulder bag length. The Storm does adapt well!

Here's a detail shot of the top-stitching I did on each of the pockets:

Here is a look at all three bags together:

Aren't Shelli and Sitka going to look STYLISH together?

Here are a few close-ups of Shelli's HTP! Bag:

The inside is the same fab I used for Sitka's HTP!/Good Neighbor Bag Bag - the one Dave picked out for me:

I couldn't decide whether to do the quilting and top-stitching in pink or green, so I opted for both. I also appliquéd some of the pink camo twill (a fav with two family members) on the outside:

Last, but by no means least, here is Sitka's HTP!/Good Neighbor Bag Bag all filled up and ready to go:

Along with holding a fresh supply of "Good Neighbor" bags (my term for plastic bags you carry to police up after your pup!), Zim thought we should tuck a treat in there for his favorite girl!

Oh! I quilted in Glow in the Dark quilting thread! Not sure if it will actually "glow" on those late-night/early-morning walks, but it looks cool in the closet - LOL! Here's a shot of that:

I actually did try to take a picture of it in the dark closet, as did Shelli, but that just doesn't really work! She did send a SWEET picture of Sitka with her new bag:


Sitka, trying her paw at snooter balancing

I'm not sure, but I think Sitka will be happier with it hooked onto her leash. :)

Thanks for reading,
KZK

3 comments:

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

HA ROO! This is pawsome!!! The glow in the dark thread is super cool in the closet. We have not tried it out on early am/dark pm walkies yet. What an excellent write up on this fab storm back. Sitka and I sure are stylish - especially now that we match!!! It sure was a nice surprise!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Shmoo said...

As a proud owner of a custom made iPhone bag, I highly recommend these bags for everyone that wants a cool, funky, eclectic, and unique look to accessorize your tech gear.

Fast turn around, fast deliver and totally satisfied, these products are FANTASTIC.

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Do puppies fit in a HTP bag?

Woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

PeeEssWoo: I khan't wait to surprise my doggy nanny with some KZK Khreations!