Hi everyone! I'm happy to report that I've finished quilting the Frenzy Quilt! I know - I can barely believe it myself!
I stuck to my plan of 3 wavy lines in a cross-grid:
It went very well, except that I was going through thread like a hot knife through butter. I only had two spools of that lovely King Tut Lobelia, so when it came time to wind more bobbins, I was afraid I might run out. Since at least 75% of the reason I'm doing all of this is to use up things on hand, I had a dilemma -- wind more Lobelia and possibly run out of thread for the top? Or substitute something in the bobbin and make do? Note "order more Lobelia" wasn't mentioned - I'm not permitting myself to do that. Yet.
Anyway, I looked through my King Tut stash and ...
King Tut Suez. Close enough for the back. Lighter blues and some other things in there ... but it works.
Here's a look at the front:
I laid it out on the floor to take a couple shots and to show the back, but it would seem Cammie is rather fond of it. That truly touches my heart. Here she is, with a bit of the back showing:
I love that she is interested in this quilt.
I started piecing the binding before I'd even finished the quilting:
That's right -- I let the Pfaff have a little fun! Man, that machine still runs like a dream. It's very basic, but I still love it for piecing!
More to come!
Thanks for reading!