As of my last post, I needed two more (or 8 more, how ever you want to count it) blocks to finish.
I got busy and did the "sewing to the phone book" part. I've found it much easier to remove the paper, then sew the "flippy squares" to the blocks. I chain pieced those:
And before I knew it ...
The last two blocks! Or the last eight. Whatever. Eight sounds like more work.
Here is the current state of the blocks:
|I really need a design wall|
I've got about 3/4 of them sewn together, then I'll sew columns together. The little half-sized ones make things a little trickier, but I really like them in there. Even the one I messed up. (I cut the flippy squares too large.)
I hope to get back to it this afternoon. I'd love to finish piecing it so I can start quilting my X&+ runner. I think I've changed my quilting plan for that 5 times now. I need to just DO IT!!!!
Thanks for reading!