Hi everyone! I'm happy to report that I've finished quilting the Frenzy Quilt! I know - I can barely believe it myself!
I stuck to my plan of 3 wavy lines in a cross-grid:
It went very well, except that I was going through thread like a hot knife through butter. I only had two spools of that lovely King Tut Lobelia, so when it came time to wind more bobbins, I was afraid I might run out. Since at least 75% of the reason I'm doing all of this is to use up things on hand, I had a dilemma -- wind more Lobelia and possibly run out of thread for the top? Or substitute something in the bobbin and make do? Note "order more Lobelia" wasn't mentioned - I'm not permitting myself to do that. Yet.
Anyway, I looked through my King Tut stash and ...
King Tut Suez. Close enough for the back. Lighter blues and some other things in there ... but it works.
Here's a look at the front:
I laid it out on the floor to take a couple shots and to show the back, but it would seem Cammie is rather fond of it. That truly touches my heart. Here she is, with a bit of the back showing:
I love that she is interested in this quilt.
I started piecing the binding before I'd even finished the quilting:
That's right -- I let the Pfaff have a little fun! Man, that machine still runs like a dream. It's very basic, but I still love it for piecing!
More to come!
Thanks for reading!
It is just beautiful and so striking!ReplyDelete
Yeah for finding thread in your stash that you could use for the bobbin. The quilt is looking great and now you know who will be using it the most. LOL!ReplyDelete
It's beautiful! I don't know how you keep everything straight. That kind of work boggles my mind.ReplyDelete