First, because this quilt is HUGE (have I mentioned that?), I made a lot of binding. I had leftover fabs from the backing, so I cut 2.5 inch strips from them and sewed them together. To prevent tangles and the binding from being all over the place, I wound it around an antique spool:
I like to do that for larger things; it keeps things a bit tidier. I set it in a magnetic bowl; the spool has just enough nails to keep it in the bowl, but it's "spinnable". That's not a word. You all know what I mean, though.
It's a good system!
I love looking at all the fabs in the top!
Again, each block has BDU fabric from my husband's old uniforms in the center, then all patriotic-themed fabrics.
I love looking back on all the "old" fabrics! I also love my walking foot. I just thought I'd throw that in there.
Rounding the last corner and heading for home!
Thanks so much for reading!
The antique spool is a brilliant idea! Love this quilt♥ReplyDelete
What a clever idea for the binding. The quilt is looking great.ReplyDelete