Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pink Peacock LapPack, Take Two

Remember the bag I was working on back at this post?  It was a LapPack.  It was put on "hold", as apparently there are a few inches difference between a MacBook and a MacBook Pro.  Ouch.  Who knew?  Well, certainly not me.  Back to the drawing board.  Or cutting table, as the case may be.  (Fear not; I've found a good home for the other LapPack!  It will be going to Hawaii with a couple other bags once I finish everything!)

I had to get a bit creative with what I had left of the pink peacock fabric.  And sadly, I had no more of the bold blue.  My trusty Guide Dog for the Color Blind helped me make some rather dramatic choices, and I must say, it came together well!  Here's a look!

Kathie's LapPack

It looks sort of skewed there, but it really is "to square", i.e. a rectangle.  It's sitting on top of a round-topped bush, so the shape looks a bit "off".  I used all King Tut thread this time.  :)  Here's a detail shot:

Aren't the pinks just GREAT?!?!  Here's how they look on the purple I put on the front flap:

I could drink these colors.  I don't quite know what that means, but I hope you can understand it.

Here's a close-up of the button:

Mega-thanks to Kathie, Shelli, Trace and Valerie for their input!  I took an informal poll via email.  And no, I don't think Kathie knew it was for her bag.  LOL!  I wonder if she would have voted differently....

Here it is, open:

Isn't the tie-dye a fun touch!?  And it's not just there because I didn't have enough of the pink!  Well.... OK, perhaps it is, but I love it!  Dave picked that.  I also didn't have enough of the tiny plaid blue lining... so we added some purple.  Somehow, it works.  I mean - don't you want some fun when you open your LapPack?  I would!

Here is the back, with the LapPack open:

Cool, isn't it?

And we have to take a look inside!  

I love how the quilting came out!  

Kathie, I hope you like your LapPack as much as I do!  It was mailed today; you should have it tomorrow or Saturday!

Thanks to all for reading,
KZK

6 comments:

  1. It looks FABULOUS! And of course the King never lets you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I oculdn't be happier - I love it! What more can I say - great work as always. Long live the King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave did a fantastic job of picking out the fabrics - he deserves a few more Happy Hearts! And your work is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE the fabs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!