Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hawaii Bound!

My bags lead a much more exciting life than I do. So far, they're living from coast to coast in the US - and many places in between, a few are in Australia, one visited Aruba, one went to Dubai, and now... the newest bags are off to live in Hawaii! Let's get to them!

First up, remember the first LapPack I made from the pink peacock fab? It's the right size for Sherri's laptop! Here's a look:

I decided to use a beautiful blue ribbon for the closure - just loop it around that big, bold button a few times! Here's a look at the LapPack open:

I love that blue! It has touches of green and purple and just brings all the colors of the peacocks to life!

Those appliquéd stripes of blue and purple paisley run the length of the bag; here's a look around back:

Here's a closer look at them:

And here's a closer look at the button/closure area:

Love it - and the King Tut Red Sea variegated thread!

Sherri also ordered a LapPack in pinks and browns. Here's what we came up with:

I pieced it from 5" "charm" squares and I just LOVE it! I have another set of charm squares from that line; I just may have to make something for myself with them! :)

Here's the back, open so you can see more of it:

This is dreamy. Take a look at it open, from the front:

The lining is a solid pink, but I just "had" to put more of the sweet fabs inside.

And yes, the button IS green. Check it out:

Quilted in a gorgeous pink! Here's another look at the button area:

Fun, cheery, bright, and sooooooooooooooo cool!

Sherri also wanted a Hold the Phone! Bag to hook onto Mochi's leash - for all those great things like keys, phone, camera, etc. We went pink! Take a look:

Here's a detail shot:

I really can't get enough pink lately. Here's a look inside:

Sherri wanted the leash-style hardware. None of my actual leashes matched, but I found the clasp and made the strap from that mod flower fab. I think it's a great fit!

I'm wrapping everything up, Sherri, and hope to get the box in the mail to you tomorrow. I'm also tucking a little surprise in there for your hubby; remember - guys like HTP! Bags, too! Thanks so much for your order - and the treats you sent for all of us!

And thank you for reading!
KZK

6 comments:

  1. Your bags really DO get around!

    More nice work!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THEM!!! I can't wait to get them and try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bags! I especially like the pink and brown ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink LapPack! Well, I like everything really./

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bags! Great work!

    xoxo,

    Thor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!