Friday, August 30, 2013

ZIP-adee Doo Dah

Oh, look! More zippers!

IMG_6385Zippers

There's a good chance I'm feeding my addiction to making zippered bags out of fused bags by ripping zippers out of old clothing. It's ... recycling, right? Exactly!

I also fused a bunch of bags and am starting a collection of sheets of plastic:

IMG_6386FusedBags

Oooh. A Bernina bag!

I'm also STILL sewing the hand part of the binding onto my table runner:

IMG_6387Runner

I have no idea what's taking me so long. I totally enjoy the hand sewing. Maybe just because I'm out of practice? Or am distracted by fusing bags and playing with puppies? Hmm. Could be. And you know ... that fused Bernina bag was calling me...

I watched a cute video tutorial on how to make a boxed bag. I didn't buy into all of her techniques, but it sparked an idea for me. I wanted to know if I could pull off a boxed bag in plastic fused "fabric"!!! Could I do it?

IMG_0466BoxyBag

Apparently so! HA! How perfect is that?!?

Here's the bottom:

IMG_0467BoxyBagBottom

What a kick!

As you can see, I did some quilting on it. It was a pleasant experience, I must say!

I think the bag came out pretty cute. To do it over again, I would put a little loop in the seam allowance at the beginning and end of the zipper to have something to hold onto while you use the zipper. The tutorial didn't call for one, but I'm sure you could just slip one in there. It would be a nice touch. Next time!

That's what I've been up to in the Studio for the past few days. As always, thank you for reading!

6 comments:

  1. You have gone zipper bag crazy! I love your box bag and the way the words came out on it.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! The boxed bag is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Oh girl you are so fun! I love the bags and your table runner is perfect. You just amaze me and I love the Bernina bag-so cute.
    Have a great, long weekend!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pawesome bag! Momma and I love those recycled bag-bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing talent never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!