Sunday, September 8, 2019

Fun With Fusing

Hi everyone!  Sorry it's been a while!  I've been doing a lot of quilting and other small projects, so let's just jump right in!

One of the "quick and fun" projects was a little storage bin made from fused plastic bags:

IMG_0235PlasticBagBag

I have to say, Wonder Clips are fabulous when dealing with plastic! They hold the layers together without leaving holes. Just perfect!

Oh! You can see my Australian Floor Tiles Quilt hanging on the wall facing my machine. Doesn't it look wonderful there? And this was too funny! We were dialing around on the TV the other day, and I think an episode of Fixer Upper was on HGTV. I grabbed my iPhone and took a quick shot -- check out the floor tiles:

IMG_0544

How cool is that?!?  It's the exact pattern/layout as my quilt!

OK, back to the little fused project!

I really love the bags that come with new appliances. Any kind of fabric (even fused plastic) with the writing on it always intrigues me.

IMG_0236PlasticBagsFused

I think I have the request at the bottom of this bag covered:

IMG_0238FusedBagsBag

Making them can be a bit addictive!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job of recycling. How funny that you noticed the floor tiles were just like your quilt. Many quilts are inspired by tiling from around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!