Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Baskets

Hi everyone!  Thanks for stopping by!  The next projects I tackled were some cute little fabric baskets.  I wanted a couple of sort of "hostess" gifts and thought these would be perfect.  I used one of my favorite tutorials - it's by Ayumi at Pink Penguin, click here for the link.

For the first basket, I wanted a sort of colonial America feel to it.  Here are the pieces I started with:

IMG_0408ColonialBasket

I love these fabrics - I made a table runner with them for a friend several years ago that I just loved!

It was together before I knew it:

IMG_0410ColonialBasket

I have a cute, coordinating blue, but she's more of a green person, so I went with that for the lining and a few of the patchwork pieces.  I'm very happy with how it came out!

For the next one, I wanted something sort of rustic. I chose denim and homespun, and decided not to do the patchwork along the top.

IMG_0429DenimAndHomespunBasket

Here's a look inside:

IMG_0428DenimAndHomespunBasket

I'm hoping the person it is intended for will appreciate the recycled aspect of the denim parts!

I think they're both cute and hopefully the recipients will think so, too!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

3 comments:

  1. I recognize those colonial American autumn fabrics. I adore my table runner and think of you every time I see it. It's so very special to me. Thank you, thank you again and again, Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a couple of cute bags. I'm sure the recipients will love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!