Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm Done!

With the piecing, anyway!!!

I had limited time to work in the Studio yesterday, so I wasn't sure I was going to make my self-imposed deadline of having the Frenzy top pieced by dinner time.  I had my doubts when I was right about here:

IMG_2572 Frenzy quilt

I think that's 32-sies into 64-sies. Can someone tell me why phone book pages are so small? I mean ... 6.5" blocks just don't go real far real fast, if you know what I mean!

I kept plugging along, though ... and before I knew it ...

DSCN1657 Frenzy Quilt
Ta-da!!!

I love how it came out!  All that's left is to remove a billion tiny pieces of paper, then to quilt and bind it! I can definitely see using this method of piecing again.  Perhaps using something for the foundation that doesn't have to be removed... but I enjoyed the "free-form" feel to it all!

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks awesome! I love the modern look of borderless quilts but they are a challenge to finish. May I suggest sewing a thin line along the outside before you begin putting it together to stabilize that baby? Of course, that's free advice and you know what that's worth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desi - that is an excellent suggestion and one I will take to heart! :) Thank you!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautiful! I'm sure you've said before but why do you need a foundation? Telephone book pages are so thin I guess I don't understand what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed with your hard work - Zim's working breed ethic must have rubbed off on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't sew. I own a sewing machine, but do not sew.

    I am mesmerized by your creations and a couple of other quilting blogs I read. Beautiful work! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!