Monday, July 22, 2013

Quill-ting


Honestly, it's like I've never done any before.  Quill-ting?  What is quill-ting?  Oh, well.  I'm getting my "touch" back with the Bernina... slowly!  Remember the Chain Link Runner tutorial I wrote up in March of '12?  HA!  I know, but I had to ask.  I thought I'd re-start my inner quilting engines by working on that runner.

IMG_5660Runner

It's not bad, but I really need a lot more practice before it feels comfortable again.

I'm using a King Tut variegated thread.  I think it's "Red Sea", but I'm not sure.  I'll double-check and get back to you.

I do love the runner, and can't wait to send it to a special friend.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

BeadedTail said...

It looks good to me! Love the colors! Bet Cam helped to pick those out since there's pink in it! :)

harrispen said...

I'm just catching up on your posts here. I need to get my quilting mojo back too.

I would love to make collars for my pups too. Where did you order the webbing from? I love the paisley. Also is the collar you made for Cami a martingale? If so do you have a pattern for that? Okay, last question...where did you get the metal hardware from too?

Glad to see you back in the sewing room with your new helper.

Cindy