Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ram-a-Lamb 2

Remember the Ram-a-Lamb Bag I showed you in my first post? The "music themed" one? The woman I made it for was so pleased, she asked me to make another with that same music fab for her daughter-in-law! What a great compliment and honor!

Since I usually work from scraps, I wasn't sure if I had enough of that fab, but I was happy to discover I did! Here's how it came out:

Every time I make one of these, I learn something. One of these days, I need to write down how I'm doing them - that might help me out a little. :)

Here's the Hold the Phone! Bag:

The decorative stitching along the top reminded me of music scales .... but then, I have a good imagination. This was another variegated thread by YLI (currently my favorite brand) - the color is "Fawn". The one I used for Kathie's RAL in the previous post was "Teddy". They're both yummy and rich!

Here's another detail shot:

I could have sworn I'd rotated that; please cock your head to the left like a Labrador for the correct effect.

I also just finished a Hold the Phone! Bag for a friend in South Dakota. She asked if I could do a "sewing theme" and I was happy to oblige!

Since she's a fellow quilter, I felt compelled to hang this pewter charm on her bag:

Yes, that IS a fishing lure thingy it's hanging from. They work great with just a little re-tooling. I hope the glass bead does OK in the mail. I quilted with another variegated YLI thread - "Uncle Sam", a red, white and blue mix!

I'll post again in a few days or so. I have a little surprise in the mail for someone that I'm anxious to share. Remember the special order fabric my Guide Dog for the Color Blind showed you? The Hold the Phone! Bag - or Good Neighbor Bag Bag - has been made for Sitka.

Zim with Sitka's Good Neighbor Bag Bag

AND I put a little surprise in the box for Shelli! :) Hurry up, USPS!

Thanks for reading!

KZK

1 comment:

  1. Woo! Love the RAL2 bag! I also like the little quilt charm on the 2nd HTP! Bag! Very nice touch. Sitka was sad that Zim was not in the box when it arrived today... and the STORM bag is FANTASTIC! It is perfect! What a ncie surprise... now Sitka and I can match, hehe
    Hugs,
    Shelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!