Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Just For Fun

Hi everyone!  I've got several irons in the fire, as I like to do.  Les Pensées de Grandma, the Scrappy Not Really A Jelly Roll quilt, the Kansas Dugout quilt are all in line to be quilted.  I'm still thinking on the leftover HSTs project.  I also need to make some new leashes for my girls.  That being said, what have I been doing?  HA - starting to quilt a large wall-hanging I pieced somewhere between 94-96 when I lived in Korea AND started a new project just for fun.

No, this time it's a quick and easy one - just a little basket for a friend.  (I used this tutorial; it's one of my favorites!). I already had loaded some quilting thread into my Bernina to do some practicing, so I thought I'd piece the basket on my trusty, old Pfaff!

IMG_7660PiecingOnPfaff

It's very basic, but still purrs like a kitten!

IMG_7661PiecingOnPfaff

It was really fun using it!

The basket is just a sweet, small one, made from scraps from my X Plus quilt.

IMG_7662JaimesBasketParts

I just love the colors and the fabric is a delight to work with!

Once I had the parts set, I moved over to the Bernina to do some quilting. Here's what would become the bottom of the basket:

IMG_7676QuiltingJaimesBasket

Here it is, all assembled:

IMG_7678JaimesBasket

Take a look at the bottom:

IMG_7679BasketBottom

Isn't that fun? That is the same Aurifil thread I used for my quilt. It's right up there with King Tut.

IMG_7680JaimesBasket

I love how the basket came out. These are so fun to put together; I hope my friend likes it as much as I liked making it!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!