Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Lattice Rejoice!

HA!  Get it?  Yeah, OK ...

I've been working on several different things lately.  One major accomplishment was getting the lattice sewn down on the Les Pensées de Grandma quilt. As I explained in my last post, now that I hand-sewed the lattice where the fabric had frayed, I felt confident to machine stitch over that -- topstitching along both sides of the lattice. Just to make it all even.

IMG_7596LesPenseesDeGrandmaLattice

It took a good chunk of time, but I kept reminding myself of two things:

  1. It would take even longer by hand.
  2. If I hadn't used cheap fabric, I wouldn't have this problem. I mean creative challenge.

Before I could silently complain too much, I was done!

IMG_7604LesPenseesDeGrandmaLattice

I'm pleased with how it looks, and actually think it's a nice touch.  I just hope it holds, you know?

Thanks for reading!
KZK

2 comments:

  1. You've done a beautiful job. Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and neat job with the top stitching. I'm looking forward to see how it all comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!