Sunday, February 10, 2019

What About Those Leftovers?

Hi, everyone!  Before I get started, I really want to thank those of you who are reading and especially those who take the time to leave a comment, whether here or on FaceBook.  I truly appreciate it!

So ... leftovers.  Remember I showed you the Half-Square Triangles (HSTs) left over from the string/scrappy Kansas Dugout?  I also showed you and used the ones from the X Plus Table Runner --  and ended up using them in the border.  Well ... I also had a bunch of HSTs left from the larger X Plus Quilt!  I HAVE to use them - right?

The ones from the X Plus blocks themselves were smaller than what I'd like to deal with right now, but remember the pink star setting blocks?  I used those flippy squares - did the extra line of sewing and have a nice number of HSTs to play with!

I loved that sort of DNA or twist thing I had been playing with, so I started playing with this batch of HSTs!

IMG_7183LeftoverHSTs

I thought it looked sweet!  And it struck me -- if I made a few more HSTs (is that cheating?) I could complete that "twist" instead of just sort of cutting off the pattern.  I had a few extra squares cut anyway, so ...

IMG_7185MakingHSTs

Shout out to my friend Donna/Dove who recommended one of these tools!  It helps you line up your squares so you don't have to mark.  Great time saver!  YES, I marked mine anyway!  It's sort of like training wheels.  I got too confused at first.  How I sewed in the wrong area is beyond me, but I did.  So I marked a few until I got the hang of it.

I made the "plain" parts, so I could extend the pattern:

IMG_7187MagsCamRest

Mags and Cam were impressed, as you can see.

Everything sewed together really well!  See how that twist continues?

IMG_7204TopOfHSTTwist

Here's a look at the whole line up:

IMG_7203HSTTwist

I think if I add some simple borders, this would make a nice, Summer-y table runner.  Or something.  

Thanks for reading!
KZK

4 comments:

  1. We may not always comment on your posts here, but we do read them. Your work is always amazing. We agree - a summery-y table runner for sure - and maybe some matching napkins:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your DNA/Twist runner is coming along and can't wait to see what borders you pick for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool gadget to line up your work! These fabrics truly do look summer-y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweet! I like the twisty pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!