Saturday, October 5, 2019

Storage Cube

Hi everyone!  I thought I'd give you a couple updates today!

Remember the not-a-Kira quilt?  I finally pieced a backing for that!  I have it all basted and ready to be quilted.  Now I just need some time.  And to decide how I'm going to quilt it.  I keep changing my mind on that!  One of my friends suggested the name "Kaleidoscope" and I really like that!  I think I'm running with it!

And the Hunter's Star?  That massive quilt is now in the hands of a professional long-armer.  I'm SUPER excited!  More details to come on that!

The only other project I've tackled lately is a toy box for my girls!

IMG_1033ToyBox

I used Soft and Stable to help the box hold its shape.  I heard in another video that using Wonder Clips can help "train" the foam to go the way you want it to go, so after I hit the top seam with an iron, I Wonder Clipped the top before doing the top-stitching.  It worked out very well!

It was tricky sewing a cube (the "Y" seams at the bottom corners), but I followed a tutorial by Debby Shore. I found her directions to be clear and easy to follow. I've just "discovered" her videos and am really enjoying them!

Speaking of enjoying things ...

IMG_1037CamMagsToyBox

Both Cam and Maggie are enjoying their new toy box!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a perfect toy box and the girls seem to approve.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!