Monday, July 1, 2019

It's The Look On His Face!

Hi, everyone! I wrapped up another old project recently - still going through that stack of UFOs, trying to finish things up. This time, it's another small wall-hanging:

IMG_9243EagleAndStars

I'm calling it "Eagle And Stars".

As I recall, I appliquéd the eagle for something, had tried my hand at paper-piecing some 5-pointed stars, did some practice writing ... then just decided to put it all together. Fair enough, right? The eagle is an original, and let me admit fully that I AM NOT AN ARTIST. Seriously - check out the look on his face:

IMG_9247EagleApplique

It totally cracks me up. When I hang it, I must hang it where I can see that face.

I quilted using this thread:

IMG_9290YLIThreadNeverAgain

YLI Variations. I used it on the Forgotten Pyramids quilt, too - again, trying to use things up. I'm happy to say it is now gone.

Oh, I didn't use it all. I threw it OUT! That and every other spool like it. I could not get my machine (which is perfect) to hold a consistent tension with it. Too loose, too tight, no amount of adjusting sufficient to maintain any steady look. IN THE TRASH. I used to like it - a friend suggested that it could have been because it was older thread. That makes total sense, but let me add that the King Tut threads I have that are the same age don't treat me like that. LOL. Anyway, it's gone now. Long live the King!

For the binding, I once again did the "sew to the back, bring around to the front" machine-style:

EagleAndStarsBinding

Other than the on-going tension issues, it worked out fabulously!

I like how the star area came out:

IMG_9292EagleAndStarsDone

I had initially quilted it differently - as well as the sashing - and ripped it all out.

Ask me if I'm glad I've finished this one!

EagleAndStarsDoneMaggie

As always, thanks for reading!
KZK

2 comments:

  1. The attitude is showing on his face! lol I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And the eagle is giving you serious side-eye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!