Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christmas Table Runner - Santas!

Hi everyone!  A couple of posts ago I showed you one of the "UFO"s (unfinished objects) that I'm working on - a Christmas table runner.  How about a closer look?

IMG_4862 quilting my Christmas table runner

I quilted my twisting ribbon/rope/whatever that I like to do in the interlocking black rectangles. In the Santa squares, I did 1/4-inch in, twice, for two boxes.  It's not super creative, but that print is so wonderfully busy that it doesn't need much.

I marked a general arch to twist through in the black rectangles using white chalk - mostly so I'd remember where I was going.  I have a super great tool to remove the chalk marks:

IMG_4874 how to get chalk marks off a quilt top

Oh, sure. It might look like an old toothbrush I ran through the dishwasher a time or two ... but ... well, OK. That's exactly what it is - and I haven't found anything that works any better. (It's an extra-soft, in case anyone is wondering.) Just a light brushing - no floss required. ☺

Here it is, all quilted and ready for the binding:

IMG_4875 Christmas table runner - ready for binding

As you can see, my Guide Dog for the Color Blind was extremely helpful in the process.

I would have loved to use the green for the binding, but alas, I only have a few small scraps of it left.  I went with black - which I also used for the back.

IMG_4894 Christmas table runner - binding

Once I get it hand-sewed to the back, I'll be spending some quality time with a tape roller, removing errant husky hairs.  (Black?!?  What was I thinking?!?)

Love how the runner is coming out - it's a "Magic Nine-Patch" block (or Disappearing Nine-Patch) ... with a little special lay-out employed.  Very fun and easy!!!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. The runner is beautiful and the husky hairs add the perfect accent! I'm still intrigued by the heart quilt in the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the black, but I'm with you on the fluff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such beautiful work! :)

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your site has a nice appearance, it loaded quickly, was easy to navigate, and so beautiful work. lots of good information. Thanks!.

    Provident Fund Status

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!