Saturday, February 28, 2009

Frenzy!

Nancy warned me that this would be addictive.  "Like eating popcorn," she said.  But did I believe her?  Not initially.  In fact, I had some decorative thread in my Bernina that I'm using on another project and I thought instead of changing that out, why not just try out one or two of these blocks on the Pfaff?

My Pfaff (a 1019 Tipmatic) has been with me since 1983.  It basically does a straight stitch.  And goes backwards.  Oh, OK, it does a zig zag and a buttonhole, but ask me how often I've used either one.  I love my Pfaff and always will, as it does a great straight stitch and has never given me any trouble.  But the Bernina (a few years old now ... less than 5, I'm sure) has some features that really spoil a gal..... so after I started on the Pfaff, I switched over to the Bernina.  I was just going to make a couple blocks... but hey, why not make it easy on myself.

Before I realized it, I had about 12 of these things going.  Because ... YES, Nancy, they ARE like popcorn.  :)

I'm doing some sort of ladder thing in the middle, with miscellaneous-sized strips going the other way on either side.  (Maybe I need to shoot a pic of one block today.)  And in that middle "ladder" is a little piece of BDU fabric.  And, yes, I HAVE to work within a theme - the fabs are all from my scrap baskets and are military or patriotic themed.  The next one won't be as "matchy matchy", I promise.  Bear with me; I alphabetize my spices, you know?

I am extremely easily amused, as some of you know.  So is my Guide Dog for the Color Blind.  As per Nancy's suggestion, I'm using my phone book as foundation papers.  Both Dave and I liked this page:

LOLOL!  Sorry.  I can't help myself.  

My sewing table and my pressing table are in different rooms.  I like the separation, but when I'm doing a lot of paper piecing, it gets old in a hurry to keep getting up to go hit the iron.  I made good use of this wooden presser thing yesterday:

Very handy.

Here's what I got done in a couple hours' time:

The blocks aren't sewn together yet, they're just thrown on the floor.  You get the idea, though.

VERY fun, VERY addictive!  I'm heading back down to the Studio now to do some more!  :)  I can't wait to get this all together!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

2 comments:

  1. So that's why we didn't see the AO4 come to visit us and play in the snow:-) That is wild and looks like fun. I really have to learn to do this stuff.

    Ha Ha word verification - nutersly

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you are way too talented! ;0)))) and addicted!

    lotsaluv, Letty ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!