Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Ram-a-Lamb Gets De-Fuzzed!

I love a good challenge!  :)  I also love it when I get "returning customers", because I take it as a sign that they like what I've made for them in the past!  So when Cecile contacted me about a Ram-a-Lamb, I was just delighted!  Here's where the challenge comes in ...

She had two delightful appliqués she wanted me to include on the Ram-a-Lamb - if I could.  Sounds simple enough, but the catch came not only in trying to fit them onto the small panels of the RAL, but also when I read the laundering instructions!  The appliqués require gentle handling - and in order to fray out the RAL, it needs heavy duty wash and dry.  Hmm... what to do, what to do.  Then it hit me.  Large, solid panels to accommodate the appliqué pieces - and do a non-frayed version of the RAL!  A "groomed" version?  LOL.  I had been wanting to try something like this, and it just seemed like the perfect opportunity!

What a fun challenge - Cecile, I hope you're as please with the results as I am.  Without further ado, here it is!

I stitched the Siberian head appliqué to a large jeans pocket, then sewed that to the bag.  I put the banner above that.  I love having a functioning pocket on the outside of the bag - so convenient for keys or those "quick reach" items!

I needed to balance that out with something on the other side of the bag - and just a pocket didn't seem to do the trick.  I thought I'd follow the appliqué theme ...

...and "fussy cut" some Siberians from the accent fabs I used.  :)  And there's another functioning pocket!

Here's a peek inside:

Cecile mentioned that blue is her favorite color; I thought this fab would be perfect.  

I used a brown companion piece for the side pieces (and to line the Hold the Phone! Bag) - here's a look:

I also used blue for the strap on the Hold the Phone! Bag:

Yes, a re-purposed leash.  I love the little paw-print charm - it's a great fit.  Here's a closer look:

I hope you enjoy your new bag, Cecile.  Thank you so much for your order; you should have it by the end of this coming week!

Let me know what you think of the new style!

Thanks for reading!
KZK

8 comments:

  1. That bag is incredible! I love the fabric, the colors and of course the dogs! She's going to be thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great and I really must talk to you about a Super Shopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very nice. I like the idea of a pocket on the outside very much. The defuzzed look is a nice change of pace too.

    This bag should be making it to lots of dog shows.

    Tail wags, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable and so perfect for the customer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to get it. It is absolutely perfect. This one will be going to a lot of dog shows. Thank you again for such a great bag.

    Cecile

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this!!! Fantastic job as always.
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!