Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Michelle's Deeve is Done!

Now I've got that old folk song "The Day Is Done", (Peter, Paul & Mary) stuck in my head....

OK! Got Michelle's Deeve Bag all set to go! Here's a quick look at it ...

I also threw in a special key fob (make sure you check the bag for it, Michelle!) - and hey! There's the Hold the Phone! Bag in the upper right-hand corner! Let's take them outside for some more pictures!

Here's the Deeve Bag itself. Michelle chose the main outside fabric and the key fabric used in the placket via the internet. Isn't technology fabulous?

I added an accent fab - sort of a mottled/marbled/something light purple and pink fabric - around the placket and as a special touch at the top of strap.

I thought it would add interest and help break up the light purple print.

Here's the side detail:

And here's a close-up of the placket and button(s) area:

I seem to have this thing about pairing up buttons lately. I don't know why.
Let's have a look inside!

Isn't that mum fabric GREAT?!?!? I would seriously put that on the outside of a bag. In fact, I had just enough left over to cut one Deeve Bag worth out of that fab and cut out a lining using the white with the lavender floral print on it. (The pockets and placket.) Let me know if you're intestested; the fabs are on stand-by.

Two large interior pockets, topped with decorative stitching. I did that and the quilting in an off-white; it "fits" well!

You might be wondering about the Hold the Phone! Bag. Michelle asked if I'd make it out of the fabric I used to line Trace's Z Bag, even though it doesn't really "go". Sure! Why not!?! She wants to use it with other stuff as well. Here's a look at that:

Very fun and happy, don't you think? I know what you're thinking... how does it look with the Deeve? Weren't you?

They don't "match" per se, but I would totally use them together anyway. Maybe it's my "roots" as a scrap quilter. I like the look. :)

Michelle, I hope you enjoy your bags (and key fob) to the fullest! I'll be attaching a little beadwork, as well.

Thanks for reading!
KZK

5 comments:

  1. WOW!

    WOW OH WOW!!

    Grrrreat job AGAIN!!!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: KSB: Woo had better keep your paws on your mom's treasures the next time we khome to visit if woo know what I mean!
    PeePeeEssWoo: My word was guanaman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, those colours are totally amazing. I LOVE it! My Z bag is getting a good workout too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SOOO pretty!!! She is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I know my mom will love her Christmas present!

    Kisses, Sky boy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really like this one!! Maybe I just have a thing for purple..... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!