Saturday, November 15, 2008

Current Deeve

I'm currently working on a Deeve Bag for Michelle. I thought I'd share a little of the process with you. She sent an email in and asked how to get started - which in itself was how to get it started. :) We discussed style and she chose the Deeve. Then on to fabric!

She gave me an overall color of purple to get us rolling. I sent a picture of a stack of purples to her:

...and links to some purples I'd posted about that could make a very cool Deeve. Knowing the photo above doesn't realllllly do justice to the fabs, I also put this little video together for her:

That gave her a better feel for the fabs. She chose the soft, classic-looking print in a light purple, sort of lavender print. It just gives me a comfy feeling. If we can have comfort foods, I would say this is a comfort fabric to me!

She also liked a couple others in the stack and asked if they'd go. I thought they'd be smashing together and got started. Here is the start to the bag:

Today, I'm on to adding the strap. None of my polypro webbing "goes", so I'm using a couple of the fabs. It would be cool to use the white with the lavender print, but two thoughts there: number one, white is asking for trouble, and number two, I don't have enough. That sealed the deal there.

The Hold the Phone! Bag is going to be made out of non-coordinating fabs, as per Michelle's request. It's cool and almost done. I'll show both bags to you sometime this week.

Tune in SOON for a new bag style. :O

Thanks for reading,
KZK

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm -

    I would have thought your kholour khoordinator would have done the woo-arration fur the video!

    Nice choices - woo should have heard my mom with all those purples!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh nice colours. Purple is my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is going to look awesome!! Loved the video.
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun process! Your bags are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!