Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Latest Z Bag

The latest Z Bag to come out of the studio has landed in Australia! I hope to post pix of Trace and her new bag (and Huffle Mawson, Explorer Cat and Honorary Husky!) on the Extras blog soon... but in the meantime, here's her Z Bag!

Here's the back:

Why, yes, the fabric IS rather bold, isn't it? :) The two main prints are by Kaffe Fassett. I quilted in a King Tut variegated purple (948, Crushed Grapes) ... here's a close-up:

Yeowzers; I love it! I used a very cool, huge button for the closure:

It was the perfect fit!

Here's the Hold the Phone! Bag:


Cute charm, isn't it? It's a cat; I actually thought it was a Siberian Husky at first. Since Huffle Mawson, Explorer Cat is an honorary Husky, it seemed fitting to attach it to Trace's bag. Here's a closer look:

Hmm. Yes, it IS a kitty. :) Here's the flip side of the HTP! Bag:

And a peek inside:

Here's a look inside the Z Bag:

Trace really likes the white/grey bricks with ivy fab (I used it in Jan's Boo Tote) and she asked if I could fit it in somewhere. Dave (GDFTCB) didn't put up too much of a fuss when I used it for the interior pockets, so I figured I was good to go with it.

I also tried my hand at doing a little key fob; I tucked one into Kathie's latest order, too (it matches her RAL); please let me know what you think! Here's Trace's:

There's a rumor going around that the latest "thing" at nail salons is to have a nail tech "chip" your polish for a chipped look. If we throw having short nails in, I think I'm finally in with the in crowd. :)

Lastly, here's the top of the straps:

What a fun, colorful bag. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it, Trace!

Thanks for reading,
KZK

7 comments:

  1. What fantastikh kholours!

    Another GRRRRREAT job!!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you'll be an international sensation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pawsome bag! LOVE the colors and fabric! And the fob is darling!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bag is beautiful and definitely not too bold. Glad I read this tonight because I totally missed the key fob in my new bag. Thanks, it is perfect.

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love LOVE my new bag. Even Huffle is impressed with it - she keeps rubbing her head on it. I will send you photos this weekend.

    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bag. Colors/fabric perfect for the bag style. And, of course, I love your puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!!! I absolutely love those colors! Great job.

    Star & Jack's Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!