Friday, November 16, 2018

I'm On A Roll

Hi, everyone!  Great, productive day in the Studio yesterday afternoon - all brought to you by make-ahead freezer meals.  I love cooking ahead!  Anyway ...

I started sewing the long columns together on my scrap quilt:

IMG_5489ScrapQuilt

Yes, I used a combo of both pins and those cute clips to hold things together; I need to buy more clips eventually.

Anyway, then more columns to columns:

IMG_5490ScrapQuilt

You may notice some parts of the phone book pages have torn away -- that's just fine! I'm eventually going to have to remove it all anyway, so yay!

Then I put even more together:

IMG_5491ScrapQuilt

Though that looks like a mess, it's "organized chaos". I love having a large table leaf on the far side of my machine, where the quilt has plenty of room to spread out. I still don't know the best method of coping with everything in front of me. ??? Anyone?

Shortly before it was time to serve up my Korean Beef Sloppy Joes (I'll definitely be making those again!), I had the top pieced and trimmed up!

IMG_5492ScrapQuilt

Now to remove all the paper, give it a good pressing, then advance to the quilting stage! ... and to plan my next scrap quilt.  LOL.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!