Monday, November 9, 2009

Iditarod Bound!

Brevity is not my strong suit, but I'll try to set this up as simply and quickly as possible. For me. :) My friend Bonnie (or Bonz) contacted me about a fund-raiser she is holding for Blake Freking's Iditarod run. (Blake will be running an all-Siberian Husky team!) If I would be willing to contribute one of my bags (YES!), Bonz would send me some of the fabric she designed! What a COOL opportunity! I jumped at it!

The auction will start SOON on eBay - I promise to post about it here, on the Ao4 Digest and on FaceBook, so you'll be sure to know when it starts... and can bid on it! Without further ado, let's get to the bag!


It's a Deeve Bag with a coordinating Hold the Phone! Bag. I paired Bonnie's fabric up with a red, deep red, black and white homespun plaid. The strap of the Deeve is a re-purposed, new leash; the strap of the HTP! Bag is a re-purposed, new "little dog" leash, complete with the hook! I used a big, bold, black button to secure the bag.

How about a closer look at the HTP! Bag?

Bright red snowflakes accent the top of the bag, and appliquéd strips of the plaid homespun round it out. I embellished with a few glass beads and a sweet pewter paw print charm.

Here's the back of the HTP! Bag:

Note how the plaid wraps all around! Sort of like... leashes tangling you up when you're trying to walk a few Sibes. :) (Not that my angels would do that...!) You can also get a good look at the leash hardware in that shot!

I put a few surprises in the Deeve Bag itself - like a key fob:

I couldn't resist singling out one of those darling play-bowing huskies! Oh - and how do you like the chipped nail polish? A nice touch, don't you think? I really like it.

And how about a glasses case?

The outside is the larger scale husky print; the inside is the red homespun!

Let's take another look at the Deeve itself!

Not THE Deeve. The Deeve Bag. Sorry.

From Deeve Bag for Iditarod/Blake Freking Fund-Raiser

I quilted in a glistening white - and decided to call this "snow drift quilting". LOL. Use your imagination! :) How about a look inside?

TONS of room to carry everything! And two spacious pockets for your keys, lip balm, photos of your huskies, ETC! Have I mentioned I currently carry a Deeve Bag? It holds more than you can imagine!

And now... one more look at the Deeve. And the husky it was named for: Dave.


Again, I will let everyone know when the fund-raiser starts - please check here, on the Ao4 Digest or on FB. Let's help Blake Freking run the Iditarod! Auction starting soon on eBay. Siberian Husky not included.

Thank you for reading - and Bonz, thanks for the incredible opportunity!

PS: For more views of the bag, or to enlarge any of the photos, please visit the Picasa album I set up. The link is under each of the photos, or you may click here.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!

    I was just about to comment on the Z bag that it's really very pretty but I could not help to let you know that beautiful! I like everything about it --- the size, the fabric, the key fob and the reminder of Dave, Zim, Storm and Ammy. I'll watch out for it. I wonder if it would be possible to ship internationally. Dave is truly doing so well helping you around at the workplace.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I LOVE it! You did a fantastic job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that bag! So cute and all the accessories are wonderful! Both Deeves are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dat's a very snazzy looking bag! Mommy's ecstatic!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I was visualizing one for myself and wondering if you sold on Ebay. You are very talented Ammy. Not just with this great bag, but in your writing about the dogs, the blog designs...gee, we just love you! So glad I followed this link. Now, back to your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing Karen! Well done! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, super design, especially as it features my fave sibe, the Deeve!

    Lab Sibe that he is!!

    I emailed you a few days ago, wondered if you would check your Spam folder, I know I was Spammed into there a while back.

    No worries if you got it, and not had time to reply, just wanted you to know I am still in the land of the living, if not totally living, after a really bad cold infection.

    I will check out eBay as well!

    lotsaluv, Letty xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only just spotted this and how fabulous it is.. I will be happy to check it out on Ebay. Has it started yet. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing AWESOME with your bags! Holy Cow! Oh and you are my neighbor (well sorta) I am living right down the road from you in FT Leavenworth. What great work you are doing. Your bags look so well designed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sooo cool! Do they make them with Aussies on them?

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this bag! Wow you are REALLY REALLY talented!

    http://hollydollyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!