Saturday, August 24, 2013

Another Bag, Part I

Sorry I didn't post yesterday like I said I would.  My husband and I ran off to the lake to do a little birding instead.  Hot and thick, but very enjoyable!  (You're welcome to view photos here, if you'd like.)

Speaking of birding, I wanted to make a little fused bag for my birding buddy Beth!  She saw mine and was complimentary ... and I had JUST the plastic bags to use for her!  She works at the Vet School at KSU, so ...

IMG_6190BethsBagGuts

How fun is that?

See the zipper there? Got right to work on that. It was another re-purposed one. I started working on its placket thingie:

IMG_6191BethsBagGuts

Did the tabs (above) then got the ol' #4 foot out to stitch nice and close to the zipper, switched back over to my #37 foot (the 1/4" foot) AND ...

IMG_6192ZipperFootMayhem
BOOM!

Follow the arrows to find the pieces of my needle.  Yes, the needle I forgot to move back to the CENTER!!!  Readers, once again I say ...

IMG_6193ZipperFoot

The #4 foot is EVIL!!!

I'm soon going to need to replace my masking tape; I just may do a frowny-face on it this time.  GRRRR!

Moving right along ...

Somehow, I made that zipper too short. Go, me!  Oh, well.  It'll work great in another smaller bag.  So ... I grabbed another pair of pants, ripped the zipper out, and ...

IMG_6196BethsBagGuts

... nice.  All set.

Except that that one was too short, too.  Where was my HEAD?!?

Having had my fill of re-purposed zippers, I got out the only store-bought one I had.

IMG_6197BethsBagGuts
Now that's a zipper!

Yeah.  Just a TAD long.  No problem.  That's why God gave us scissors, right?

IMG_6198BethsBagGuts

Much better!

Despite zipper "learning opportunities", the bag came out REALLY great!  More on that tomorrow!

Until then, thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. With my Pfaff machine the zipper foot goes on one side or the other so you can't break your needle. I love your choice of "fabric" for this bag and can't wait to hear how your friend liked it.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!