Hi everyone! I've been keeping busy sewing a couple bindings on lately - not a very exciting part of the quilting process, unless you think of it in terms of almost being DONE! :) One project I did sneak in a little bit ago was a Diaper Pouch!
Remember the Sitia Marie tote I showed you at this link? Shortly after I mailed it to my friend Laura, I saw a cute diaper pouch on Pinterest - complete with a great tutorial!
(Click on the photo to get to Pinterest, then click there to go to the tutorial!) I wanted to give it a try ... but linen? Just isn't a good fit with me, nor do I have any. I put the idea on the back burner, turned the heat down, and let it simmer a bit. THEN ... I got a package from my friend Laura! Included were a couple pairs of BDU pants her brother-in-law wore when he was in the Air Force. It hit me right away -- use a hunk of the BDU fabric instead of linen, paired up with some of the fabs left from making Laura's Sitia Marie tote! PERFECT!!!
Here it is:
Complete with coordinating lining:
I used polypro and Velcro to keep the pouch closed. CUTE!
Laura has delivered a beautiful baby girl named Raven, and both bags are already in use! (Insert major smile here!)
I will definitely make this again. Not just for diapers - my Kindle Fire with cover and iPhone fit in here together. I think this would make a great protective sleeve for any eReader, your iPad, etc. The size might need a little tweaking to get it just right, but that's easy enough!
Thanks for reading!