Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Checking In and a Special Announcement!

Hi everyone!  Sorry it's been a while since I've posted.  It's been a little crazy here!  I've finished up a couple things (will fill you in eventually!) and have just sort of played around a bit in the Studio.  Remember the second of the two blue and white table runners?  It's finally all set to go.

DSCN2248 Blue & White Table Runner II

I think this one is my fave of the two. Oh, I know - the fabs are identical on the front --- but I did squiggly-like quilting on this one and I think it adds a certain flow. Or something.

DSCN2249 Blue & White Table Runner II

Don't you think? Compare it to the photos of the other one found here. Just a matter of preference.

Here's a look at the back, too:

DSCN2250 Blue & White Table Runner II

This one is more "me".

Speaking of me - or not - I have a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT to make!!!  I've lined up a guest blogger!!!  A friend of mine who professes to be a "beginner" quilter (ha!  yeah, sure, she just started, but my WORD, she is already doing amazing things!!!) made an awesome table runner using a "half-hexagon braid" technique.  It's just STUNNING!  She put together a great tutorial for all of us that I'll post tomorrow!  So grab your friends and come on back - I can't WAIT to try her technique!!!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Huffle Mawson said...

I look forward to it.

I have another question: how do you get the squiggly lines to be so even?

BeadedTail said...

I love the squiggly lines! The runner turned out lovely! Can't wait to meet your guest blogger!

Aerie-el said...

Very nice workmanship! Squiggly lines look very nice.
Looking forward to reading your guest blogger's post.