Saturday, March 7, 2009

Even More Frenzy!

This might be two days' worth of blocks - in the foreground, on the right.
 
 I can't remember.  It's all a blur.  A frenzied blur.  :)  Here's how the blocks currently stack up:

I'm getting there!

Like the ruler?  I do have some nice ones, but this one is rather nostalgic, in an odd way.  "Curt Z", if you can read that, is my brother.  Big brother.  I think he did his little engraving job there during high school - maybe even earlier.  That would be in the early to mid 70s.  I'll leave the "how many years ago" to you.  I did mention he's my older brother, right?  LOL!  Anyway, I get a kick out of having it in the Studio with me.

Here are the blocks laid out:

Yea!  If I count right, I'm standing at 70.  My friend in Overland Park asked me how many I need for the finished Frenzy Quilt.  I hadn't really thought about it until she asked... I just cut up my phone book, grabbed my scraps and started sewing.  Probably good to have a plan, though.  I think I need 120.  I'm currently aiming for a 10 x 12 block layout, which would make the quilt about 60 x 72 inches.  5 feet by 6 feet.  That should be an adequate throw quilt.  I'll be quilting it myself, so I don't want this to be huge.  We'll see.  I've changed my mind before!  :)

Thanks for reading!
KZK

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking amazing! I don't quite understand the use of the phone book but I do understand how much work that quilt must be and it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than halfway there - that's great. I can't wait to see the finished product. What will you be using for the back?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by; please leave a comment!