Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Storm's Blowing In!

A Storm Bag, that is. I showed you the beach-themed prints we chose a couple posts ago; they really came together nicely! I got the body (or bodies - since it's fully reversible) of the bag finished up, then added the trim!

I've never dealt with anything like that before, but it went in fairly easily. I just took my time...

and used about 152 pins. OK, maybe only 150. But a LOT of pins. And I had to remember to keep the wooden beads/genuine faux pearls :)/shells/glass out of the way! Here's how the top of the bag looks right now:

Isn't it cool? Here's another look:

Doesn't the fab I used for the pocket sort of look like sand? I'll give you a better look at the bag itself after I'm finished; the fab twists around the Storm now -- like a TORNADO. I'm so easily amused.

I've started the HTP! Bag; here's a look:

This is quickly becoming a fav. I hope to get the grommets pounded in today and the handles looped through.

I'm also working on a new design, as per a special request from the Macon Bag-a-holic. It's very cute, on the small side, and goes with just about everything. Yes... I have named it, but I'm holding off on telling you until I have a few more made. :) I think you'll like it.

Thanks for reading!
KZK

3 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Wow!

That is beaWOOtiful too!!

BTW, Mom wanted to wait fur the new khrakhkberry BUT her phone didn't khooperate!!! She wanted her OWN STORM!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Khan't wait to see what my BFF's mom is getting NOW!

Sitka, Tia, & Cornelia Marie said...

I can not even think how long it took you to do all that beading!

Sitka, Tia, & Cornelia Marie said...

So did you go with the name you were leaning toward????